Trey Lance feels positive following the Cowboys' victory over the Raiders, yet he's aiming for greater personal performance.



LAS VEGAS — Trey Lance isn’t entirely satisfied with his performance in the Dallas Cowboys' second preseason game against the Las Vegas Raiders. Despite not being perfect, he showed notable improvement from his first preseason outing against the Los Angeles Rams.

Lance appeared more decisive, trusting in his reads and arm, and overall more comfortable—understandable given that his game against the Rams was his first live action in almost 18 months.

"I definitely felt more comfortable coming out, but I need to start faster, especially in the third quarter," Lance said after the Cowboys’ 27-12 win at Allegiant Stadium. "I left some plays out there, but I learned a lot and had fun competing with these guys."

He finished the game with 151 passing yards and a touchdown on 15 attempts (98.3 passer rating), and added seven carries for 34 yards and a rushing touchdown. This performance followed a challenging game in Los Angeles.

"Ryan [Flournoy] made a great play on the passing touchdown before halftime," Lance noted. "It was like a long handoff. Super excited for Ryan to get his first touchdown. I would have loved to have that same play call for Jalen Cropper in the end zone today. Ryan made it really easy for me."

Although Lance seemed to process plays more quickly in Las Vegas compared to his previous game, he remains focused on the opportunities he missed rather than those he capitalized on.

"I definitely left some plays out there, particularly in the third quarter," Lance said. "I felt good going into it, and my teammates made a lot of plays today."

Lance’s progress is evident as he continues to grow week by week, coming off what was arguably his best practice of camp and translating that into a strong preseason performance with one game remaining.

"I’m not sure if there’s one specific takeaway from the Rams game," Lance said. "I just tried to take it one step at a time and felt more comfortable overall. I’ll build on it next week. It feels good to win."

Lance is aware of the pressure to improve and is committed to his growth. He acknowledges the need to keep building on his progress and avoid complacency as the Cowboys closely evaluate his performance.

"I feel good about the win," Lance said. "That’s the most important thing. I’ll review the tape, learn from it, and aim to repeat the same performance next week."

Lance is on the path to solving the equation for success, and he’s making strides.

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url