"NYT ‘Strands’ Hints, Spangram, and Solutions for Saturday, August 17th"


 

Looking for hints, spangrams, and answers for Friday's Strands puzzle? Find everything you need here:

Forbes
NYT Strands Hints, Spangram, and Answers for Friday, August 16
By Paul Tassi

Welcome back, Strandistas! I’m stepping in to assist with today’s Strands puzzle, taking over from Paul Tassi. It’s been a few weeks since my last column, and I’m excited to return—especially since today’s puzzle was a blast!

Strands, a new addition to the New York Times puzzle lineup, offers a fresh spin on classic word search games. Each day features a new theme, challenging you to find all relevant words on the grid, including a spangram that spans two sides of the board. Ready to dive in?

Today’s Strands Hint
Take it slow! Before revealing today’s answers, I’ll share the theme hint:

The theme for today’s Strands puzzle is: Carle classic.
Here’s an additional clue: A very hungry children’s book.

What Are Today’s Strands Answers?
Spoiler alert! Don’t scroll further until you’re ready for the answers.

Here are the first two letters of every word in today’s puzzle, including the spangram:

  • SA
  • AP
  • HU
  • WA
  • PI
  • LE

Today’s Spangram
Here’s your final spoiler warning!

Today’s Strands spangram is: HUNGRYCATERPILLAR
Check out where it’s located on the grid:

Full List of Words
If you need a hand with the rest of the words, look no further. Here’s the complete list:

  • SALAMI
  • APPLE
  • WATERMELON
  • PICKLE
  • LEAF

Today’s Strands Breakdown
This puzzle was a nostalgic trip, reminiscent of reading classics like The Very Hungry Caterpillar with my kids. I enjoyed how the spangram and WATERMELON nearly spiral around the center of the grid. I initially struggled with the Carle classic clue until I found LEAF, which led me to recognize CATERPILLAR. After that, WATERMELON and the remaining words fell into place.

How did you fare with today’s Strands? Share your experience on Twitter and Facebook!

For more daily puzzle guides, including Wordle, and to stay updated on TV shows, movies, video games, and more, visit my blog. Thanks for checking in!

Follow me on Twitter. Visit my website.

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url